Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wisdom Tooth Adventures

So it's been over a week since my surgery and I'm finally getting back to [sort of] normal. Monday was brutal at work, probably the worst day since the surgery, but I made it to 4:30 when I returned the the oral surgeon. That office was fabulous. They didn't make me feel like the huge wimp I was being, even though a 3 year old girl came out while I was in the waiting room, handling her post-surgery like a champ.

They treated me for a dry socket (ouch) and told me I was dehydrated. Yup....dehydration makes sense. I drank only ginger ale for the first 2 days after my surgery and didn't eat much for a week. So since Monday I've been drinking my life away in juice, water and gatorade. That is, once this holy-stinky-socks dry socket dressing kicked in and rocked my world. This stuff made me feel like a whole new person.

So I am finally feeling much better and appreciate everyone's help and prayers. This procedure did not go at all as I expected, but I'm glad it's over and recovery has begun. Now I know why I put this off for 10 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...