Friday, December 14, 2012

Men & Christmas Music

Most people are not like me this time of year, in that I LOVE Christmas music. Yeah, it's weird, but c'mon, we only get one month all year that it's acceptable to listen to it and I want to use that to my full advantage. However, I don't know many men that will willingly listen to Christmas music without some serious grumbling. This year, though, I was able to get David to listen to, and actually enjoy, a few songs while we decorated our tree. So I asked him to help me compile a list of some holiday songs that he enjoys in hopes that maybe other men would agree, and it wouldn't be like pulling teeth for those of us women that want to play them in December. Without further adieu...

2012 Christmas Playlist - David's Picks:
1. All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey (she's gorgeous with a dynamite voice, what more could you want?)
2. Wizards in Winter - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
3. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (because it's the one from Home Alone)
4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra
5. Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry (another from Home Alone)
6. 12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser (a fav group of ours)
7. Christmas / Sarajevo - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
8. Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms (this surprised me but I'll take it!)
9. A Mad Russian's Christmas - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
10. Carol of the Bells - either John Williams (from Home Alone) or The American Boychoir (from The Santa Clause)
11. Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
12. The Twelve Days of (Canadian) Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie 
13. Dominic the Donkey - Lou Monte (of course)

Well I got 13 out of him. Enough for a playlist. And now that I know, twenty bucks says he'll hate them all by the end of the week.

**I put these songs together in a playlist on youtube which can be accessed via this link. When I couldn't get the official video I looked for best alternative, and for two of the TSO songs I chose Christmas light versions because I looove to watch these. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...