Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Taking Our Own Photos

We took a total of 225 photos in order to get one good one for our Christmas card. Our tight budget forced me to get my crap together and learn how to use my fancy camera for more than just point and shoot. I've been working on this for a while now but it's a process that takes a while to perfect. I recently got some new camera gear...mostly because I really really want some great family photos. Sadly we could not afford to pay a professional for this photo shoot. Instead, we invested some money in a lens, remote, tripod and Photoshop, and I'm super excited with the results.

Here's a sneak preview:
 
The toughest part is getting Oats to focus on looking at the camera when David and I are in the picture. She doesn't quite understand it, obviously. That's why it took 225 photos. There's a LOT of bloopers. And one nearly destroyed stocking. However, it's done, we got some awesome frameable shots, and the cards are on their way :)

2 comments:

basha said...

we LOVE the card, and the blog

Jen said...

Thank you! Love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...