Friday, April 19, 2013

Pray for Boston

I had another post planned for today but discussing anything but Boston just seems frivolous to me right now. It's also important not to forgot the town of West, Texas, where more horrible events are taking place. In the midst of all this news, I cannot bring myself to think about anything else. I went to college in Massachusetts and David in New Hampshire, so we have many friends living in the areas in and around Boston. Understandably my mind is on them and everyone else who is on lockdown and terrified, the victims of the bombings on Monday, the families and friends of those that were killed, the emergency responders and heroes working tirelessly to help victims and to catch this terrorist, and now the family of the MIT officer who lost his life last night, but probably saved many others with his actions.

Since you can see all the latest news on television, I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on a few of the videos and images from this week that have moved me or made me laugh, and those that remind us that there is far more good in this world than bad.
Source: Twitter
Source: Facebook

Source: The Huffington Post
More images from New York's Illuminator can be found here.

I'm proud of New York and the Yankees for all their wonderful tributes to their arch rival Red Sox, like the playing of "Sweet Caroline" at Tuesday's game. They show that in times like this, rivalries do not matter, and as a nation we must all stand behind and support each other.
Watch the video at the New York Yankees website

And the singing of the national anthem by the crowd at the Bruins game was just downright amazing. If you haven't watched it yet, you need to see this video.

This picture was posted by Mystic Aquarium as a shout out to their friends in Boston.
Source: Facebook
This makes us laugh, but is so true. Thank you Colbert.

And finally, I loved this article from Thought Catalog and this article about one of many good Samaritans from Monday.

My thoughts and prayers are with Boston and West, Texas tonight. Please keep them in yours too, and please remember there is still so much good in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...