Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Belated Birthday Pupcake

On Tuesday Miss Oats turned two. Isn't that supposed to be the magic number when puppies turn into dogs and totally mellow? Oh really, cause that's what everyone told us. Well, surprise! Still as crazy as ever. David's had softball playoffs all week and we had a family birthday dinner, soooo Oats didn't get her pupcake until last night. I don't even have children and I'm already the worst mom ever. On the other hand, she's a dog and doesn't care.

We did do her birthday photos on her actual birthday right before David's game. Here's the winner.
 As always, we took several, so here's a few extras.
And then tonight we celebrated with a grain-free peanut butter and banana "pupcake" recipe from K9 Instinct, a site with lots of great grain-free dog treat recipes. You can also read about the pros and cons of a grain-free pet diet here. We switched Oats over a few months ago to see if it would help with her stomach issues. Keeping my fingers crossed, so far so good.
She ate her cupcake and then shared one with her best buddy Barley. For the second year in a row, I couldn't get a photo of them both eating their cupcakes together....they scarfed them up too fast. So I'll just give you a picture of them playing together yesterday while I frosted their pupcakes.
By the way, these pupcakes smelled and tasted delicious (I'll admit I snuck a bite). Don't judge...there's no ingredients in them that I wouldn't eat alone.

Now I'm off to paint in this scorching heat. Hope you're all staying cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...