Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wedding Week: Our Ceremony

Wedding Week is back! Happy second anniversary to my wonderful husband. I cannot believe it's already been two years. Last year our wedding week focused on our honeymoon: Week 1 in the Dominican and Week 2 bringing home Oats.

This year I thought I'd focus on the actual wedding, so I'll start with our ceremony. All photos are courtesy of our amazing wedding photographer Kasey Matson.

We were married on September 3, 2011 at the historic, gorgeous Mystic Seaport. We could literally not have imagined more perfect weather. The previous week was Hurricane Irene, and our families were out of power for much of the week leading up to the wedding. The Seaport, in fact, didn't regain their power until the Wednesday prior to our wedding. We almost had a run-the-DJ-off-generators situation. Considering the poor brides that had their weddings completely ruined the weekend of the hurricane, I can't complain about the few crazy days before mine. The weather at our ceremony was the epitome of "the calm after the storm."
Anyway, back to the fun stuff. Here are some of our personal DIY touches in our ceremony, starting with the sign at the entrance to our ceremony. It was made to look like the signs in many small New England beach towns, but it showcased places that are important to the two of us.
I made the programs, rope balls and the boutonnieres for the groomsmen. We also had those green striped ties specially made. That's a saga for another day.

We had simple little details like hydrangeas in galvanized buckets and reserved signs on the chairs with some nautical ribbon.
We also had an incredible bridal party and wonderful parents to stand beside us. We can't imagine our wedding day or our lives without them.
David's brother and best friend were both best men, and my brother was my "man of honor."
Our pretty pups walked the aisle and took their place between best men Andrew and Kyle and did exactly what they were supposed to do. Everyone doubted them (except me of course), but they behaved perfect and stole the show.


My dad and I walked in to Keith Urban's Lifetime Love. It was very emotional for both of us and a sweet moment I'll never forget. That table behind us was the lemonade, iced tea and champagne punch we had for guests to enjoy before the ceremony, and you even get a sneak peek of our wedding cake in the window...
 
My childhood pastor now lives in Michigan, but came to Connecticut with his wife to perform our ceremony. I can't say enough about how wonderful these two are, and how incredible it was to have them as a part of our most important day. It was truly so special to us that Pastor Starke was there to perform the ceremony.
Barley was our "ring bearer" with her little nautical pillow my mom made to hold the rings.
And here are some of my other favorite photos. I don't really think they require captions.

 What a good man of honor...
 
At the end of our ceremony our fabulous photographer stood on a ladder and took a group photo for us. I told you she was amazing. It was the perfect ending to a perfect ceremony.
Happy two year anniversary to my husband and best friend. I love you more every day. Thank you also to our friends and family for all the support, love and friendship you show the two of us constantly. We are so grateful for all our blessings.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Congratulations!! You have my husband and I beat by a few weeks :) What a gorgeous wedding!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...