Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cape Girls Getaway

A few weeks ago I got to enjoy an absolutely wonderful, relaxing weekend in Cape Cod with some of my closest friends, for no reason except that we just love being together. It was awesome, and much needed. We rented an adorable little beach house in Harwich, and although it wasn't exactly warm enough for the beach, we found plenty to do.
We arrived Friday night and went out for an amazing dinner at the Ocean House Restaurant in Dennis. I was so excited about catching up, and eating (duh) that I didn't take any photos, but my friend Laura talked about it more in detail on her blog Wicked Good Fun!

Saturday started with an amazing breakfast at the Wet Pancake Wee Packet Restaurant...
Fifty Shades of 203 1/2...
Then we explored a little and climbed this observation tower overlooking Scargo Lake...
Why? For a photo op, of course. And we got some beauties. Just missing Valerie :(
It was so picturesque.
Then we headed to the Cape Cod Brewery for Octoberfest.
And got to sample all this deliciousness...
I was gutsy enough to challenge Laura to the growler-holding competition...epic fail on my part. Clearly one of us works out and one of us is a lazy bum. Laura totally dominated me, but I didn't feel as bad because she also beat all the other women's times from the whole day.  Here's the big finish...
She won $25 for her accomplishment. Yes, I have the coolest friends. We were like Cape Cod Beer celebrities all day, and even got on their Twitter feed :)
And of course, we had to squeeze in a little beach time even though it was too chilly for bathing suits.
I clearly have the weird trying-to-hold-the-camera-and-not-be-awkward look in these pics, but the rest of you look adorbs so I sucked it up and posted them anyway.
We didn't feel so bad about not getting to swim when we saw this...
And we got to see The Chatham Lighthouse from behind a closed fence...thanks a lot government shutdown.
Thanks Laura squared and Kara for a fabulous 1st Annual Cape Girls Getaway. Next year let's add Valerie, an extra day, and Cards Against Humanity, k?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...