Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chris & Jenn's Wedding

This summer my very first friend (going back about 26 years!) married his beautiful soul mate. These two are perfect for each other and so sweet together. Their New York wedding was so much fun and really reflected their personalities.

It was an especially wonderful weekend for my family, since the groom's family are some of our oldest and most cherished family friends. They live in NY so although we don't get to see them as often as we'd like, we always have a blast when we're all together, and this time was no different.

As usual, I had to sneak in some pictures, so here's some of my favorites.
I'm normally a color photo girl, but my camera settings weren't ideal in the church and the photos are a little grainy, so I think they look so much nicer in black and white. Can we just talk about this beautiful ceiling?
Thanks B&W for making grainy photos work...
It's official! Mr. & Mrs. Austen! Look at those smiles :)
The reception was held in a beautiful tent and they had yard games in the field behind it which were so much fun.
We may not have gotten a full Austen/Zapatka family photo, but we sure got a lot of us together...
Tim's best man speech was awesome and made everyone laugh, cry, and laugh some more. I wish I had been on my game to get a video of the maid of honor speech, because the bride's sister had the entire reception sing "I Say a Little Prayer for you" in total My Best Friend's Wedding style. It.was.amazing. I'm not gonna lie...it's always been a little dream of mine to be in a whole room of people singing this song, so thanks Amy for inadvertently making this dream come true. The only thing missing was the lobster claw potholders. Next time.
At the end of the reception the boys lifted Chris and Jenn up to dance to Cotton Eyed Joe in the air. Here's the photos...
And oh yes...for this song I actually did get a video...
Congratulations Chris and Jenn! Your wedding was perfect and we were so thrilled to be a part of your special day. We wish you so much happiness. Happy 3 month anniversary today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...