Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Fall into Fall: Take I

Yes, as a graceful start to the fall season, I ironically fell into a small hole in a park while taking Oats swimming, and sprained my ankle. Yaaaay. I have been hobbling around ever since but it hasn't stopped me from getting the fall decor up...I'm just moving a little slowly and wobbly.

Summer is definitely my favorite season, but there's just something about fall in New England that gets me all fired up to decorate, so I have too much decor to share in one post. Tune in for the next two days to see what else I've been falling into around here.

I changed it up just a little from last fall. I still just have this tiny little front porch so I can't go too overboard.
The new wreath is from Home Goods and I luuuurve it. I'm trying to think of a reason to display it all year long. It kinda reminds me of...beer...maybe? I feel like it could hang in a brewery. What do you think my chances are for getting David to build me a brewery so I can hang this wreath?
I added some pumpkins, kale and a couple mums to top it off with color. It's simple and understated, but it makes me smile.
Like I said, I can't go too crazy. No...legally I can't. That mailbox is real...our mailman has to come up on our porch and deliver the mail at our house...no mailbox on the street for us. So he needs a clear path. That's a weird concept to me, but I'm from a hick town, where most people have to drive to get to their mailbox.

So that's it for now on the front porch. Tomorrow we'll go inside :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...